We’ve released the v0.8.0 version of our OneLedger protocol. For this release, we’ve included all of the functionality necessary to get our Chronos testnet up and running. We’ll be using this version to start working through getting the nodes set up, onboarding external validators and testing the stability of the chain. This version includes smart contracts, dynamic validators, fee handling, new docker container, better security and a whole lot of smaller changes to ensure that the chain can run in a fully distributed environment.
The list of changes includes:
- Combined fullnode and tendermint consensus engine
- Added seed and non-validator nodes
- Simplified configuration
- Validator tokens, the validator onboarding process
- Password protect for the nodes
- OLVM smart contract engine and “cli” to install and execute scripts
- Better transaction validation
- Account model for send transactions (no longer UTXO)
- Full unit support for OLT
- Enhanced transaction tags for better searching
- New CLI commands to handle smart contracts, testing, config, monitoring, etc.
- Account based sequence numbers
- Separate initialization process
- Full version numbers
- Request generation inside of nodes (as opposed to clients)
- Revised scripts and tests
For our next sprint, we’ll be working through any of the issues, bugs, fixes, etc. that we encounter as we get the Chronos testnet fully setup and publicly available. As well, we should have a blockchain explorer site coming soon, so we’ve been working on that RPC interface to allow browsers to get access to full node data.